When vegetables were grown in the backyard garden rather than being packaged in plastic and a tablet was something you took when you were unwell, children used to play outside in the soil until the dinner bell rang.
The idea that our grandparents lived in simpler, more natural times, before processed meals and pervasive screens gave us all kinds of lifestyle ailments, is a widespread one.
Let’s explore the reasons why our grandparents in ancient India were more healthy.
- Waking up in the early morning: Early risers frequently have early nights. A huge advantage of getting up early is the stress reduction. This results in higher-quality sleep as your body’s biological clock adjusts to your new sleep schedule.
- Use hands for eating: It promotes digestion since our fingers’ nerve endings are known to increase metabolism. When using a spoon, individuals tend to eat more quickly, which is bad for digestion.
- Sitting on floor: Earlier, people would sit cross-legged on the floor to consume their meals. Eating in this position facilitates easier, quicker digestion, which is further aided by movement of the body during the meal.
- Usage of Banana leaf: Polyphenols, which are plant-based chemicals that act as natural antioxidants, are abundant in banana leaves. The polyphenols that are absorbed into the diet are stimulated by the heat food put on the plantains.
- Proper meal timings: In the past, people used to eat a healthy diet and to eat their meals on time. Eating meals on schedule keeps blood sugar and bad cholesterol levels balanced and promotes health.
- Using Matka for water: In the past, when there were no refrigerators, people used to store water in clay pots to keep it cool. The water is cooled by clay pots depending on the weather, and they also soothe our on our throats.
- Active lifestyle: Our grandparents used to complete all of their jobs manually. This made them stronger and allowed for more bodily movements that served as exercise.
- Copper & Silver utensils: In the past, people would preserve water in a copper container at night and consume it in the morning. Copper aids in weight loss, aids digestion, and kills bacteria. Silver containers were used to store wine, water, and some food items since the metal could keep them fresh.
For more such blogs, keep visiting our Viara Store website.